Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I made it through my FIRST month




I did it!!!! I really did it!!! I didn't call my stylist and ask for the creamy crack, well I didn't think I would I went 8 months without it what's another month...but at any rate, I have completely and I mean completely fallen in love with my curls. Now don't get me wrong I have always loved my hair, whether it's short, long, relaxed, colored, in a ponytail whatever or however it was styled I loved it. I can honestly say I have fallen back in love with my hair again. I love it!!!! I really really do!!!!

My cousin popped my hand today and told me to stop touching my hair, my response-I CAN'T HELP IT!!! Well I really can't. I'm always touching my hair and feeling my curls because I don't think I believe I actually did it, I am NATURAL!!! I read a response today on curlynikki.com where a fellow blogger talked about her love affair with her hair, I could really relate. I'm in love and who would have thought I'd be in love with my hair, I mean really...lol.


In my first month, I haven't had many negative responses from family and friends. My Daddy and his oldest brother both told me my hair was nappy...lol...I laughed at them. My Daddy has never liked for me to cut my hair-EVER! He prefers long hair, not short and that's cool, I can respect that. I think he will just have to take some time and get used to my hair and my curls, not naps :-) My momy's (I spelled it right, that's how I spell it for her because she is so unique) response was PRICELESS I told her I was going to go ahead and cut it, I sent her a picture and we talked about it, but when I finally saw her the next day, she just stood in front of me looking stunned and said I didn't think it was going to look like that, but it's cute. Last week she wanted to put me on punishment because I asked her to braid it..lol. My funniest compliment came from some of my church fam, Jazz singer, was their response...lol..I love them (CORNERSTONE UHC for LIFE). I had more compliments than complaints in these last 30 days and I'm happy about that because boy does it help a lot when you are getting used to something new, when you have family and friends to support you.

I'm looking forward to my one year Nappyversary. I think my BC helped me not only cut off my relaxed ends but my inner inhibitions. I feel like a totally different person. My coworkers have told me recently that I'm looking different these days wearing different colors and jazzing up a bit. Well they better get used to it because this new found JOCEY is here to stay!!!


I combed out the front, my mom was about to braid my hair up...I had a little growth!!!

Close up of my curls!!!! I love them so much :-)


This is where it all started...DAY 1, fresh from the hairdresser and 8 months post relaxer!!!!





Until next time.....

(Top picture: Frohawk with a twist out)

No comments:

Post a Comment