Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pre-poo...who poo?

So I love talking hair and well about anything that no one else around me knows nothing about especially when it sounds so wrong to those non-naturals...lol. Well a friend of mine and I were discussing pre-pooing, if you don't know what pre-pooing is, it's a process that I like to look at as a deep conditioning and moisturizing before shampooing. So back to the conversation, well we discussed pre-pooing and our different methods and the looks on people's faces was priceless.

We both tested our own separate pre-poo mixtures. (I'll have to ask her to comment and post her mixture) This is what my pre-poo concoction consisted of:

In an 8oz bottle:

Add EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Mizani Moisturfuse Conditioner
Organics Shea Butter and Tea-Tree Moisturizer

I didn't measure my amounts but everything was add in that order I shook the bottle until I had a consistency that I liked, applied the entire bottle to my hair (my hair was dry...it needed moisture and needed it bad), placed a conditioning cap on for about an hour, shampooed and conditioned with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.

I also detangled my hair with the conditioner still in so I wouldn't cause any breakage and to work the conditioner into my hair deeper.

RESULTS:

Soft and moisturized hair...my hair felt like the angels washed it for me. So Pre-pooing as crazy as it sounds works wonders on my hair especially now during the winter months. My friend her hair was super soft and manageable after she pre-pooed.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment